Saturday, September 5, 2009

I have never smelled something more lovely than a fig tree blowing in the wind

So the first few moments here have been a whirlwind I fell like I have been here a life time already.....I have already experienced many wonderful new things and met wonderful fascinating people.
My first list of thingies
  1. Love, love, love the food here!!! Unfortunalty the food does not love me yet got some Turkey tummy.
  2. Love the little shops everywhere and love that fresh fruits and veggies are so cheap and wonderful here.
  3. Assos and Troy I give two thumbs up-they moved my soul with their beauty.
  4. Can't get over the amount of shopping..... everywhere there are things to buy and see.
  5. My school welcomed me with open arms .....dinner and outtings for a week and a half straight its been pretty amazing.
  6. My second day here someone asked me for directions in Turkish-so I guess I am already blending in!:)
  7. I did have a rock thrown at me in a small village and in Assos and that was a real bummer...An old covered lady doing lacework thought I was taking her picture...I guess there are assholes in every country. (after that I took her picture and posted it on fb)
  8. My school campus is beautiful it reminds me of charleston.....and the people in my department are geat!
  9. There are kitties everywhere here...I mean everywhere and they are all cute....hopefully I will resisit the temptation to adopt another one.
  10. everywhere you look there is history and everywhere you look its blended with the modern world ....it's a wonderful thing!

No comments: